Records Management Overview
The Records Management Unit provides assistance to state and local government agencies for the efficient and economical management of records. Listed below are the services and other resources available through this unit of the Archives.
- Analyzing records and obtaining legally approved records retention schedules.
- Training through a variety of workshops, or one-on-one.
- Consulting about records and information management systems.
- Providing off-site storage and reference services of semi-active records of state agencies.
- Publishing and distributing records management manuals.
- Partnering with other agencies to create and make available guidelines for electronic records.
- Advise and educate in the creation, management, use and preservation of born-digital public records.
- Identifying the problems associated with managing electronic records, special record keeping and accountability concerns that arise in the context of electronic government.
- Developing and providing archival strategies for the identification, management and preservation of electronic records with enduring value.
- Developing and providing strategies for the identification and appropriate disposition of electronic records with short-term value.